
So it's apparent I'm not the best blogger but that''s all about to change. I've set myself the task to blog it once a week. Giving you updates on volleyball, living in France and I may even throw in a funny story or two!
Well since I've last written, much has happened (maybe that's why I haven't written, excuse #1). My season in France is a little more than half way over. We have 9 matches left and are currently tied with 2 other teams for 3rd, 4th and 5th. So in my mind, we are currently 3rd in the league with the ambition to take 1st!
We've had a great new addition to the team. So now not only do we have two Brits (yes I'm a Brit) on the team but we now have a 3rd. To join Rach and I, Lucy's come to run her quick and wonderful offense (no I'm not sucking up to the setter).
Our last match before Christmas was in Lille, 9 hours away. Straight from there, me, Rach and Luc drove to Caille to catch the Euro Tunnel. I definately had someone looking out for me, because we were lucky to catch the tunnel due to the mountains of snow and glacial streets. All it took to get home was a 30 min Euro Tunnel journey, 2 hour drive to London Heathrow Terminal 3, one sleepless night in the airport for 11 hours, a delayed flight, 11 hour flight to LAX, 2 hour wait in LAX because I'd
missed my connecting flight to San Francisco, one 55 minute flight to SFO, 2 giant hugs from Claire and Manolo, and to finish a 45 minute drive to my sister's.
After meeting up with Bogie (Lindsey Bogason, for those who think I'm talking about boogers) in the city for dinner the night after my arrival, Claire and I woke up early the following day to drive down to LA along the 101 (Highway 101) beca
use the grape vine was closed on the 5. Our should be 6 hour drive became a 9 hour drive.
If you must know, by this point I was so tired of traveling. Thank goodness for the next week I was at home with the parents and brother, taking in the greatness that California is.
Had a wonderful time playing Wii, watching the Lakers loose Christmas Day, catching up on movies, driving ar
o
un
d to find starbucks, "Shazzaming", watching the sunset, eating my body weight in mexican food and desserts, midnight mass in spanish and english, and just chilling with the family. Ryan and I slowly learned that when playing Wii Ski Jump, you need to reset the weight on the Wii board, otherwise you just keep falling off and score 0's across the board. The laughter from my mom made that fact that I was loosing a lot more enjoyable.
Having been away from California for so long, I've now picked back up on the slang and really enjoy using "yummy" and "totally" more in my vocabulary. My literary liscense is expanding!






Wow, Im jealous stace. Pics look great! I'm pleased with the new resolution to blog once a week....maybe we'll get a mention after our visit! celine has stuck for newton...too funny! chat soon. x
ReplyDeleteGreat to read your blog. Glad you had a fab time in California! And that Bogie person you mentioned--would that be one of your followers, the gal wearing a viking helmet?
ReplyDeletehaha, yes my #1 follower! all she's missing is the sword and shield!
ReplyDeleteLove the shout out, and love that you updated! Ps I thought if I "followed" you, I'd get an email saying you'd updated. poo.
ReplyDelete